Who Are We
Thank you for stopping by and checking us out. We have put this page together with you in the mind……..to give you a thumbnail sketch of what our church, and some of our ministries.
- We are Charismatic in practice: We teach that all gifts of the Spirit are relevant to today’s church (I Cor. 12-14; Rom. 12:3-8, Eph. 4:11-16).
- We are Pentecostal in favor: We teach and believe in the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Church is empowered through the Holy Spirit to be agents of God (Acts 1:8).
- We are Loving in fellowship: We teach that one of the proof of our discipleship is the love we have for each other (Jn. 13:34-35).
- We are Evangelistic in Emphasis: We teach and take Jesus’ last command to go and make disciples of all nations very seriously (Mt. 28:19-20).
- We are Bold in faith: We teach and believe that through the help of the Lord, we can do the impossible, believe in the promises of God, and expect miracles in the name of Jesus (Lk. 1:37, 18:27).
- We are Trinitarian in belief: We believe that there is only One God, who has revealed Himself in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.)
- We Ecclesiastical in Structure: We believe in Covering. True Vine Church Ecclesiastical Covering is by the Kingdom Council of Interdependent Christian Churches and Ministries, The Most Reverend David M. Copeland, Presiding Prelate
F.O.C.U.S., the Fellowship Of Consecrated United Singles, is to create opportunities for fellowship, service, support and evangelism for saints in the unmarried state. Each consecrated single makes a covenant commitment to live under the lordship of Jesus and establish genuine fellowship relations with the saints and sinners without condemnation. Through organized fellowship meetings, specialized seminars, and small group gatherings, we will engage in saint-to-saint ministry. By using special events, wholesome Christian entertainment and scheduled fellowship, we create a covenant community that will become the crucible to introduce the unbeliever to the love of Jesus.
What is Fasting?
Biblical Fasting is refraining from food for a spiritual purpose. For ages fasting has been a normal part of a relationship with God. Fasting is an expression of wholeheartedness; this is made clear in Joel 2:12 – “Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting.”
We fast to demonstrate to God that we are seeking God “with all our heart.” Fasting put things in proper perspective. When we deny ourselves food to focus on God and His desires we show humility. (Read – Psalms 35:13, 1 Kings 21:29, Ezra 8:21) When we are concerned about the things of God we will abstain from the enjoyment of food and humble ourselves to focus on what is important to God
FOCUS Monthly FAST
Singles we will fast with church dusk to dawn. Only drinking water & 100% Juices.If you elect to participate in the water-only fast, plan an extended fast, have a medical condition or taking medication, you should consult with your physician before you begin fasting
S.O.L.O. (Saving Ourselves for the Lord with Obedience)
The singles ministry of Empowerment Temple, is dedicated to encouraging, educating and empowering Christian singles to live their lives with abundance, excellence, and integrity. Our theme is Singles Taking Authority and Reigning (STAAR). The goal of SOLO is to provide activities, which focus on the total person. Our activities include Bible studies, fellowships, social outings and civic opportunities.
Fresh Start Program
The Pastor’s Fresh Start Scholarship Program is a special fund to assist students in their educational endeavors. The Lord inspired Pastor Alexander to implement the Fresh Start Program to help students and not just talk about helping. Many of us know how hard it is to ask for assistance when we fall on hard times. Hopefully, this fund will help eliminate some of the pressures, stress, and embarrassment associated with asking for assistance
The purpose of this ministry is to provide a comprehensive scholarship program for our members who are pursuing higher education and/or training.
The vision of the Scholarship Ministry is to build up God’s people through higher education and inspiration in accordance with II Timothy 2:15. Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately. This ministry seeks to prepare, support and empower our members to effectively serve others at home, work, church and in the community.
The objective of the Scholarship Ministry is to promote educational achievement and enrichment through ongoing academic, cultural, and fund-raising initiatives.
Cornerstone Couple Ministry
God created the institution of marriage in the Garden of Eden (Gen 2:20-25) and Paul tells us that the marriage relationship speaks to the intimate union between a believer and Jesus Christ (Eph 5:25-33). Unfortunately today, marriage is under attack more than ever, especially with the current culture questioning the definition of marriage. Solid marriages built on God’s Word create stable families and those families form the bedrock of a healthy church body.
The purpose of this ministry is:
- To equip and strengthen marriages by helping couples discover God’s plan for their marriage as well as their unique roles as husband and wife through the study of His Word
- To encourage and support couples in their marriage relationship
- To connect couples with other couples in the body of Christ through fellowship so we can continually support and encourage one another
- To provide couples the opportunity to serve the body of Christ together
Whether newlyweds or seasoned in years of marriage, we all need to learn more about what God has to say to us regarding marriage and we need support and encouragement in our marriage relationship.
This ministry is a great way to get involved and to get to know other couples within the church body.
Focus On The Family:
Every November True Vine focuses on family and issues that we are faced with in our families.
- A team of volunteers conducts regular, systematic contact with True Vine families who are beset with serious illness. This includes hospital and nursing home visits by team members, in addition to, and in close collaboration with the attention of our clergy.
- Often included are home visits and telephone contact during extended recuperation or chronic illness, and special attention is also offered to the needs of caregivers in such situations.
- Regular monthly meetings of the team provide training, mutual support, and updating of information and consultation with clergy about needs.
- The goal of this team’s work is to convey an active caring by the True Vine family for its members, offering emotional support and practical assistance in times of incapacitation and suffering.
- Make contact with visitors, which may consist of making phone calls.
- Serve as the pastoral care liaison for our Pastors and the Pastoral Care Departments in the hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Establish, enhance and maintain lines of communication between the congregational needs and the pastors especially for those in the healthcare facilities.
- Provide assistance to congregants that are seeking to strengthen their pastoral responses and outreach to those within our various communities who are sick, residing in healthcare facilities or are homebound.
- Provide pastoral skills training workshops, days of spiritual enrichment and/or retreats, for the congregation
- Provide consultation, information and referrals in matters that pertain to the pastoral and ethical care of the congregation.
KInsmen Fellowship (KIF)
The Purpose and the Organization
KInsmen Fellowship (KIF) seeks to train men in Christ-likeness as the standard for manhood. Our philosophy is that training and fellowship are the keys. However, we believe what men need most is training; training that will empower them to be the godly men, husbands, fathers, sons, and ambassadors for Christ Jesus that God has called them to become. Through fellowship we hold ourselves accountable to each other to help us reach our full potentials in Christ Jesus.