Who Are We
Thank you for stopping by and checking us out. We have put this page together with you in the mind……..to give you a thumbnail sketch of what our church, and some of our ministries.
- We are Charismatic in practice: We teach that all gifts of the Spirit are relevant to today’s church (I Cor. 12-14; Rom. 12:3-8, Eph. 4:11-16).
- We are Pentecostal in favor: We teach and believe in the Holy Spirit. We believe that the Church is empowered through the Holy Spirit to be agents of God (Acts 1:8).
- We are Loving in fellowship: We teach that one of the proof of our discipleship is the love we have for each other (Jn. 13:34-35).
- We are Evangelistic in Emphasis: We teach and take Jesus’ last command to go and make disciples of all nations very seriously (Mt. 28:19-20).
- We are Bold in faith: We teach and believe that through the help of the Lord, we can do the impossible, believe in the promises of God, and expect miracles in the name of Jesus (Lk. 1:37, 18:27).
- We are Trinitarian in belief: We believe that there is only One God, who has revealed Himself in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.)
- We Ecclesiastical in Structure: We believe in Covering. True Vine Church Ecclesiastical Covering is by the Kingdom Council of Interdependent Christian Churches and Ministries, The Most Reverend David M. Copeland, Presiding Prelate
F.O.C.U.S., the Fellowship Of Consecrated United Singles, is to create opportunities for fellowship, service, support and evangelism for saints in the unmarried state. Each consecrated single makes a covenant commitment to live under the lordship of Jesus and establish genuine fellowship relations with the saints and sinners without condemnation. Through organized fellowship meetings, specialized seminars, and small group gatherings, we will engage in saint-to-saint ministry. By using special events, wholesome Christian entertainment and scheduled fellowship, we create a covenant community that will become the crucible to introduce the unbeliever to the love of Jesus.
What is Fasting?
Biblical Fasting is refraining from food for a spiritual purpose. For ages fasting has been a normal part of a relationship with God. Fasting is an expression of wholeheartedness; this is made clear in Joel 2:12 – “Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting.”
We fast to demonstrate to God that we are seeking God “with all our heart.” Fasting put things in proper perspective. When we deny ourselves food to focus on God and His desires we show humility. (Read – Psalms 35:13, 1 Kings 21:29, Ezra 8:21) When we are concerned about the things of God we will abstain from the enjoyment of food and humble ourselves to focus on what is important to God
Fresh Start program
The Pastor’s Fresh Start Scholarship Program is a special fund to assist students in their educational endeavors. The Lord inspired Pastor Alexander to implement the Fresh Start Program to help students and not just talk about helping. Many of us know how hard it is to ask for assistance when we fall on hard times. Hopefully, this fund will help eliminate some of the pressures, stress, and embarrassment associated with asking for assistance.
The purpose of this ministry is to provide a comprehensive scholarship program for our members who are pursuing higher education and/or training.
The vision of the Scholarship Ministry is to build up God’s people through higher education and inspiration in accordance with II Timothy 2:15. Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately. This ministry seeks to prepare, support and empower our members to effectively serve others at home, work, church and in the community.
The objective of the Scholarship Ministry is to promote educational achievement and enrichment through ongoing academic, cultural, and fund-raising initiatives.
Relax, Relate, Release Relationship Seminar
God created the institution of marriage in the Garden of Eden (Gen 2:20-25) and Paul tells us that the marriage relationship speaks to the intimate union between a believer and Jesus Christ (Eph 5:25-33). Unfortunately today, marriage is under attack more than ever, especially with the current culture questioning the definition of marriage. Solid marriages built on God’s Word create stable families and those families form the bedrock of a healthy church body.
The Purpose Of This Ministry is:
- To equip and strengthen marriages by helping couples discover God’s plan for their marriage as well as their unique roles as husband and wife through the study of His Word
- To encourage and support couples in their marriage relationship
- To connect couples with other couples in the body of Christ through fellowship so we can continually support and encourage one another
- To provide couples the opportunity to serve the body of Christ together
Whether newlyweds or seasoned in years of marriage, we all need to learn more about what God has to say to us regarding marriage and we need support and encouragement in our marriage relationship.
This ministry is a great way to get involved and to get to know other couples within the church body.
Focus On The Family
Every November True Vine focuses on family and issues that we are faced with in our families.
Based on the example of Jesus Christ in his compassionate and caring presence to the sick and suffering, it is the mission of the Office of Pastoral Care to:
- A team of volunteers conducts regular, systematic contact with True Vine families who are beset with serious illness. This includes hospital and nursing home visits by team members, in addition to, and in close collaboration with the attention of our clergy.
- Often included are home visits and telephone contact during extended recuperation or chronic illness, and special attention is also offered to the needs of caregivers in such situations.
- Regular monthly meetings of the team provide training, mutual support, and updating of information and consultation with clergy about needs.
- The goal of this team’s work is to convey an active caring by the True Vine family for its members, offering emotional support and practical assistance in times of incapacitation and suffering.
- Make contact with visitors, which may consist of making phone calls.
- Serve as the pastoral care liaison for our Pastors and the Pastoral Care Departments in the hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Establish, enhance and maintain lines of communication between the congregational needs and the pastors especially for those in the healthcare facilities.
- Provide assistance to congregants that are seeking to strengthen their pastoral responses and outreach to those within our various communities who are sick, residing in healthcare facilities or are homebound.
- Provide pastoral skills training workshops, days of spiritual enrichment and/or retreats, for the congregation
- Provide consultation, information and referrals in matters that pertain to the pastoral and ethical care of the congregation.
Nehemiah Re-Entry Ministry
And The People Had A Mind To Work
The scripture of the team shall be Nehemiah 4:6, “So built we the wall; and all the wall was joined together unto the half thereof: for the people had a mind to work.”
The purpose of Nehemiah Re-Entry Ministry is to help those who were formally incarcerated to successfully transition back into their community. All too often they are released with little or no money to obtain shelter and food, and with just the clothes on their backs. Many without families have no place to go and are forced to live on the street. Most are eager to find work and begin living normally, but jobs are difficult for those just released from prison.
The Nehemiah Re-Entry will serve as a bridge or a conduit to assist in the transitional period. We will help build a structure of support through an active collaborative effort with other like-minded ministries and community organizations.
³Let them praise his name in the dance: let them sing praises unto him with the timbrel and harp.
4For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
“Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him, and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.”
Every ministry must have a spirit of excellence. In doing so, the ministry will flourish and flow with a spirit of excellence. Dance is a word often used to describe one of the most methods of worship that we use to express praise, worship, joy, satisfaction. Dance can also be used to express our faith through the movement of the body, which in some religious communities, is called liturgical dance. Every culture throughout history has used dance, the movement of the body, in some shape form and fashion to try to convey their faith to a deity. ³
Women Of the Word (W.O.W)
Women Of the Word Ministry provides a framework and a vision for ministry among women based on God’s Word. While we are focused on Women and dealing with issues pertaining to women, it is also a vision that impacts not only women but the entire church. It’s a vision expressed personally, in the voices of the women of True Vine.
Word at the Center of Women Of the Word is laid out into, at least four sections:
- Speaking to the Heart of Women
- Living is a “context” prayer and living our Christian values, helping women to find their voice.
- Dealing with issues, socially, politically, spiritually, etc., as it pertains to women
- Developing women to be strong Christian Servant-Leaders.
Men Of Iron
The Purpose and The Organization
Men of Iron seeks to train men in Christ-likeness as the standard for manhood. Our philosophy is that training and fellowship are the keys. However, we believe what men need most is training; training that will empower them to be the godly men, husbands, fathers, sons, and ambassadors for Christ Jesus that God has called them to become. Through fellowship we hold ourselves accountable to each other to help us reach our full potentials in Christ Jesus.